Wednesday, March 18, 2009

quick trip home.

haha ok. so as some people know, last week over spring break i was sick for most of the week. well even though i didn't get to do everything i wanted/planned to do and see all the people i wanted to see my flight home was not at all boring. in fact it was probably one of the best flights i have ever had. it was epic.

everytime you fly you meet people...sometimes whether you want to or not, but you will always meet someone. you might not ever catch their name but for the duration of your flight they never quite seem to shut their mouths. now i'm a talkative person, i really am, but i never have been on an airplane which made this flight so much more enjoyable. i finally got on the plane...i was literally the last one to get on because they overbooked and i almost got 2 free roundtrip vouchers...but i didnt make the cut...still am disappointed bout that. REALLY disappointed...i had plans. 

*and i would just like to say this about that...i'm amazed at how long it takes for us to concock things in our brains. in the 33.2 seconds that i found out i could get 2 free roundtrip vouchers i had designated a purpose for both of them. just that quick. this is no lie. how many times do we make plans without even putting God in the mix and at least running it by him for his yea or nay? just a thought. mk back to the story.*

so i get on the plane hoping it will be a peaceful flight. not only was it peaceful but i had live on-board entertainment sitting in the seat right next to me. this lady was definately in her early 50's but she was nice and polite. she was headed to fayettville (i probably didn't spell that right but it's chill, whatever...the location is in NC). so after we take off and she gets out her "keep-me-occupied-kit" which contains a novel the size of my forearm on Mary Queen of Scotts and she has her trusty ipod and everything. we are not up in the air for 15 minutes and she decides she would like to sleep. well that's good news for me because i'm not a big fan of conversations on airplanes. but i was not at all prepared for what was about to happen next.

she rolled up her jacket like a normal person would, to lay against the window (for which i am also bitter about because it was actually my window seat but i wasn't going to make a scene in front of the whole plane) she put in her earbuds to her ipod and closed her eyes to go off to dreamland or wherever those of you in your 50's and up go when you sleep. I'd be makin' a run to taco bell during my mid-life crisis hahaha but that's just me and i'm sure my priorities will change slightly once i reach some maturity level. well that was nice. i was going to have the whole flight to myself. me, myself, and i. well about 20 minutes later, a movement in my peripherals grabbed my attention. it was odd because i was so focused on my sudoku at the time but i figured hey i need a little break so i looked up from my sudoku book and glanced over at my seat buddy. the ipod had gone into sleep mode. the ear-buds had fallen out of the lady's ears. a glimmer of light flashed quickly off the stream of drool coming out of the corner of her mouth. that was hilarious to see. not gonna lie. i worked so hard not to laugh out loud. then as i am watching her she starts to mover her mouth. i thought "oh THIS is going to be good." she starts moving her mouth in the forms of words and such things. but no sound was coming out. i was like "well maybe she's mute" but then i remembered how we exchanged a few polite words as i was getting in my seat so i ruled that one out. then i was like "well maybe she was spazzing out in her mouth." it seemed logical, but the more i watched and the more her mouth moved in specific shapes and such i realized that she was speaking to someone on the other side of those eye-lids. now she's just chatting away with herself...silently, and then she begins to add facial emotions into what she's saying...with her eyes closed. THE LADY WAS SLEEP TALKING MINUS THE SOUND!!!!!!!!! 

it was the funniest thing i had ever seen! and the mullet that she was sporting was the icing on the cake! i'm not gonna lie, i SO wanted to just sit there and face her and start moving my mouth at her like we were having a conversation so when the flight attendant walked by she would freak out because she would think she couldn't hear us. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA as all of THOSE thoughts started running through my head i knew i was about to cross the point of no return...but my "depth perception" was off and i had already crossed that point of no return. 

i began to laugh uncontrollably but it was one of those that you think you can suppress. so i start to laugh and so i close my mouth and just sit there. and then i begin to feel this sensation of my shoulders moving up and down up and down up and down and they were speeding up like they were getting ready to start an engine or something! they started going so fast that i'm pretty sure the people in the seats behind me thought i was having a seizure myself! this was not the case though. as my shoulders picked up speed i began to feel my whole upper body start to go with the flow and i began laughing so hard my seat began to shake. well this kept up for about 10 seconds or so until i ran out of air and had to take a deep breath so i was trying to be subtle about it, but you just cant be subtle with those kinds of things. not when you are in the middle of having the best ab workout ever. so instead of taking a nice calm deep breath. i take in this *GASP* that frightened the mullet lady and made her jump. which made me jump. which made the old man across the aisle from me look over with a look on his face that said "iiiiiii'm gonna need some more Depends." this is no lie. i kid you not. this is no exaggeration. 
after miss fayettville awoke from her beauty sleep with a jolt, she decided to go about everything like nothing had ever happened. like that drool line still wasn't glistening out of the corner of her mouth. like her ipod had never turned off. like mary queen of scotts never closed her cover. just like nothing ever happened. 

she didn't talk to me for the rest of the flight which i am grateful for because i don't think i could have sat there and had a decent conversation with the lady because the picture of a silent sleep-talking mullet lady would be pasted over her face and i dont think it would work out. 


haha that's the funny story i promised you guys. haha all 5 of my readers. but hey, seriously...go check out my new blog cause i think i'm going to be mostly using that one now...i will still check back every once in a while and maybe post a little something but most my stuff is going to be on my new blog now so check it out! tell your friends!

here it is.


there ya go! love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment