Thursday, January 29, 2009

nearer

I would run from You
Still You called me to be yours
Your grace and your mercy
Overwhelmed me.
And in the stillness of this moment
Give me faith like a child
Draw me nearer to Your heart,
Near to Your heart,

Immerse me in, Your righteousness
Your steadfast love,
Break me and make me a new creature in you
And see that my heart is yours.

You said, "Come to me,
All you who are weary
And burdened,
And I'll give you rest."
So I come humbly before You,
Unworthy of this gift
Yet you draw me ever nearer,
Near to Your heart.

The sacrifice of Your Son,
Of You, oh God
Brings me to my knees.
A matchless love
That was displayed upon that cross
Creates a new song in my heart

Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou hast died
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To thyself now glorified 


Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

1 comment:

  1. This is so true--thanks Joey!
    Love,
    Mom

    "I thank my God upon every remmbrance of you," Phil.1:3

    ReplyDelete